no company logocircle

The Shift and Impact of Next Generation Telecare

Assistive technology company Alcuris has launched a white paper, Next Generation Telecare: The evidence to date white paper providing evidence of the impact of a shift away from purely reactive traditional telecare services to ones that focus on proactive prevention and engaging the strengths of families, friends, and communities. It is based on the outcomes from its extended Techforce19 rapid feasibility study.

Key findings include:

  • Positive reassurance for families with the majority creating daily reassurance alerts and 40% creating alerts for events that worry them.
  • 80% positive feedback from Memo Hub® users, with the remaining 20% neutral.
  • An increase in early preventative interventions by families driven by new insight.
  • 40% of care plans provided by Social Care amended due to the insight provided by the Memo service. Care plan size both increased and decreased, the common factor being a better-quality plan with a closer fit to user needs.

The study was part funded by NHSX under a competitive bidding process for a Covid19 initiative called Techforce19. It took place between April and June 2020 and focussed entirely on the Activities of Daily Living Memo service. Other services in the Memo Hub® suite including smart automated alerts, the alarm call safety net and carer logging were not included.

Shaun Taylor, Registered Manager, OneCall, Stockton on Tees Borough Council said

“OneCall have been delighted to be involved with such an innovative project with the focus on prevention and positive reassurance for families, enabling vulnerable clients to live independently and safely within their own homes. The feedback from users has been great with the majority looking at continuing with the service once the project ends”.

Alex Nash, Managing Director, Alcuris said

“We are excited to share the evidence for the positive outcomes delivered by the Memo service.This white paper is very timely coming hot on the heels of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services’ call1 to prioritise access to digital solutions and to work with innovators to transform, connect and enable better lives along with July’s TSA report2 calling for more proactive services.”

Download here -

executive_summary_next_generation_telecare_the_evidence_to_date.pdf

The full report is available on request from info@alcuris.co.uk

Share this page:

Partners & Associates